Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Thing After Another

God is always working on us. 

As I look back at the things I worried about or struggled with a few years ago, or even a few months ago, I realize they no longer take such precedence in my life anymore! There have been some refining furnaces that I have walked through, and some little moments of silent conviction in my heart where my loving Savior says to me, "You aren't honoring me here Cassie."

Aren't you glad that God keeps working on us, one thing at a time, refining us to become more like Him? Arne't you thankful He always does it lovingly, gracefully, patiently, keeping our best interest and the long-haul of life ahead of us in mind?!? Aren't you amazed at His character and His faithfulness? Does it not cause you to fall on your face and worship HIM?

What about your children?

Do you view every temper-tantrum, sinful behavior, or rebellion as an opportunity to lovingly, gracefully, patiently, keeping their best interest and the long haul of their life in mind guide them to righteousness?

I was just telling my mother-in-law that once you get past one stage in toddler life (i.e. getting out of bed when they are supposed to be napping), you move onto the next (screaming and whining to get attention), to move onto the next (hitting, biting, stealing, fighting)...

But we are the same! I learn to have victory in one area of my life, only to move onto the next piece of flesh that needs to put up it's white flags of surrender!

What an awesome thing! What an awesome God we have! What awesome representatives we can be to our kids of who Christ is and how He deals with sin! 

Keep pressing on moms! When a child moves from one thing to the next, it is growth! God keeps working on us, let's not give up on training our children in righteousness!

Philippians 1:6being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, alway abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 

1 comment: