Friday, November 3, 2017

Accessories for Traveling (Especially While Pregnant)!

We're off over seas tomorrow to Israel and Jordan.


I am 20/21 weeks pregnant. Last time I went to Israel I was 7 months and came back 8 months pregnant and I remember how UNCOMFORTABLE the flight was.



So this time I am prepared!


(1) Compression Socks: Long flights (like the several we're about to embark on) + increased blood volume due to pregnancy = serious discomfort and probable swelling. You don't even need to be pregnant to suffer from swelling at great heights. I have used thigh high, knee high and now I am trying shin high socks similar to this one, but not NEARLY as cute!!





(2) Sleeper Scarf: Yes I a serious about my scarves and this just takes that to a WHOLE new level. Upon first try, this seems brilliant! Thick and warm for cold airplanes since I am traveling at the forefront of winter here in the midwest of the USA. The inflatable pillow can be removed and the scarf zipper pouch used as a secret pocket, or just used as a normal scarf. I am worried about how comfortable this will be to wear for 20+ hours of flying/airporting (a verb for lay overs and transferring flights). So I guess I'll let you know in follow-up posts. 







(3) Foot Rest: Did you know they made these?!? I got this lower cost one and it seems to be decent quality from what I've experienced so far (aka in my home, hanging on a chair). I love the little case that this portable foot rest comes in! It packs up so tightly and is easy to slip in a purse or backpack. 






(4) Passport Scarf: I wear a lot of skirts... really that's all I wear. And being pregnant, those waistband passport holders are out of the question. However, I stumbled upon this thin, light weight scarf that has a small hidden zipper pocket that can hide my passport, ID, bank card, and cash! I told my husband I want to slowly purchase more of these scarves to use on the daily! I love this so much!!





(5) Maternity Leggings: I love the leggings that come up over my belly and end on my mid-calf. This way I can wear tall socks if I am cold or I can hike them up if I'm warm. These are my current fave:




No comments:

Post a Comment