Sunday, August 4, 2013

Welcoming Elias Hezekiah Deputie

Oh my son!!

He is here!

August 4th 2012
8lbs 2oz
20 1/2 inches

My Birth Story
What a pregnancy! The hardest by far. But the most rewarding delivery by far! (Best labor, best birth, best hospital experience)

I will start on Thursday (August 1st). I woke up and sleepily waddled into the bathroom. Alecia and Ahavah decided to join me with grins on their faces. They must have been up a while just playing in their room. Alecia says to me, "So the baby didn't come yet?" I said, "No, not yet" *sigh*. She replied, "Well he is coming! Tomorrow!" "Oh really?!?" Later that day I was going to the bathroom again (apparently it's a family event...) and Alecia says, "Elias is coming in two minutes!" I kid you not from that moment on I had consistent contractions. I would say that moment was the beginning of my Early Labor.

Friday morning I had an appointment. I slept from 3am-6am that night and woke up with horrible cramps. I was so nauseous I drove to Starbucks to get a big warm cup of comfort and then settled back on the couch to read my Bible until my appointment. I told my midwife I was having contractions every 5-10 minutes and still cramping like crazy. Nothing new... I was dilated to 2cm and still 75% effaced. She said she had a feeling I wouldn't make it through the weekend.

Saturday I was still contracting ever 5-10 minutes. They started coming at 5 minute intervals and getting a bit stronger in the evening. I didn't get my hopes up. I was preparing for another week of throwing up and cramping. I had been texting my step mom and she and my dad told me to go to the hospital. Haha! I said I wasn't going to go until the contractions were serious... That night my husband and I did the do ;)

Sunday at 3am I woke up because I dreamt I had a knife in my back! I realized it hurt really bad! Oh, thats just from the semen. Those pesty false labor contractions... They happened to be REALLY strong, but I was so in denial that it was labor I just breathed through them and tried to sleep. Finally after about 40 minutes I told Alex I thought this might be it, but I wanted to wait another hour before arranging rides for the girls. I lasted about 30 more minutes and then I told him to get the girls ready to go. My contractions were 4 minutes apart and very, very strong. At about 4:30ish my husband called the midwife to tell her my contractions were about 2 minutes apart and I had resorted to the bathtub to get through them. She urged us to come in right away. 

Not long after we arrived (5 something??), I was checked and I was at 6cm. Still contracting 2 minutes apart. All I kept thinking was Okay, I can do this... Just get through one more... Relax... Breathe... Relax.... I smiled in between contractions and cracked a few jokes. 20 minutes later I was at 8cm. Only one or two contractions after that I felt like I needed to push! I think I may have ran down the hall into the Water Birth Room to hurry and get there before another contraction!

I got in the tub around 6am and immediately felt a very strange feeling. The contractions stopped for a good 5 minutes and I relaxed. The water felt AMAZING! It took so much pressure off my body. I felt great. Oh yeah! I can TOTALLY do this! Then the first "pushing contraction" came. IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!! All I kept saying was: I am so scared! Is it okay to push?!? I am so scared!! It felt like my body wanted to take over, but I didn't want to give in. I felt like I was going to lose control. I resisted a little the next "pushing contraction" then finally decided to just give in and let my body do it's thing. 

6:28 I pulled my son out of the water and held him as he took his first breath. The ambilican cord was wrapped around his little neck. I was in such shock! My first words were: MY SON!! Followed by: I can't believe I just did that?!? I held him in the tub for 20-30 minutes then moved into a bed next to the tub where I got to nurse him and just hold him for an hour. 

My youngest sister Mariah and my mom.

I felt like I was in a dream for hours after. I just kept replaying how wonderful the whole experience was over and over in my head. I am still elated and smiling like some crazy person :) What an experience! It was wonderful! 

My Hayven just dropped by to see me in the hospital and she is so in love with her little brother already. She just kept hugging him and laying her head on him. She kept saying, "Baby 'Lias!" She wanted to share her snack with him. Then she wanted me to hold her and I said, "Honey I am holding Elias now. You are going to have to get used to that." She just mean mugged me then smiled :)

Oh am I just the happiest woman on the face of earth!!! I don't get post-pardum depression. I get quite the opposite of that. 


  1. Congrats!! How awesome that in the end the birth was relaxed and a good experience. :)

  2. Congratulations! I knew he wanted to be born in August, let you have a water birth and have a quick delivery!! :-) haha. He is adorable - he looks like your other kids!! I am so happy for you and that you get to FEEL better too!

    He's a big boy!! :) Can't wait to see more pics as he grows!

  3. Congrats again! He is beautiful and so are you! Proud of you!