Monday, September 24, 2012

Need For A Savior

Oh I need You! Every hour I need You!

Daily, I need Jesus.




To control my emotions.
To give me wisdom.
To answer my millions of questions (even when He doesn't answer every single one).

And, oh, how I need His forgiveness and grace!

I just met with a dear, dear friend of mine this morning and we were talking about how we have been showing our girls the grace of God and their need of Him. 

We couldn't recall (AT ALL) growing up, our parents sharing the gospel with us. We remember being disciplined. 
And we remember our parents telling us that they still loved us and that's why they disciplined us.

In fact, my friend became a HUGE people pleaser and was really hard on herself thinking that she had to "do" good on her own!

Justice is GETTING what we DO deserve.
Mercy is NOT getting what we DO deserve
Grace is GETTING something we DON'T deserve. 



My old youth pastor's wife, Jessica, from Our Family for His Glory put it this way:
"if we look at God’s grace, we see something much different.
He didn’t give in to our sinful selfish ways.
While we were wrapped up in our sinful ways, He gave us His Son. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 
He didn’t get rid of all the rules and the “law” and the godly ways we should live.
He used the law to point to our desperate need for a Savior. “So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.” Galatians 3:24 
He didn’t give us the world, with all its delights and pleasures, either.
He gave us a way to overcome the world.
“for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” 1 John 5:4-5 "
I LOVE THIS!
So when it comes to raising our little ones:
We DON'T give into their selfish ways.
We DON'T throw all the rules out the window.
We DON'T give them the world and it's pleasures.

We give them Jesus!
We show them they need Jesus as their Savior!
We show them He forgives their sin!
We show them He gives victory over sin!
I love love love this!



Check out Jessica's post on this here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad God has been speaking to your heart! We are in desperate need of His grace daily, and so we must pour out His grace on our children daily. What a joy to realize NOW that you can be teaching your children the gospel! :)
    Have a blessed night!
    (And I LOVE seeing the sweet pictures of your precious girls!!)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete