Monday, September 24, 2012

Laundry Soap, Deodorant, Other Cleaners

Laundry Soap Recipe:
1/3 Bar Fels Naphta Soap
1/4 - 1/2c Baking Soda


1/4 - 1/2 c Super Washing Soda
1/4 - 1/2c Borax

(1) First, decide on the type of container you are going to store your soap in. 
I use an old laundry detergent container that holds about a gallon of laundry soap (150 oz).

(2) Second, place some water in a pot. Probably about 8-10 cups of water.

(3) Grate the Fels Naphta soap into the heating water.
(4) Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Try to avoid boiling the water since it will cause the soap to bubble and overflow.

(5) When the soap is all dissolved, pour it into your desired container and fill the rest of the container with water.

(6) Shake well and let sit for a few days before you use it so it can cool of and firm up. I have noticed different batches coming out at different consistencies, but every batch has cleaned very well!! :)

I have only bought the ingredients for this recipe once in the past three years! And I have only used about half of my stash... It's amazing stuff and cheap.

Deodorant Recipe:
My husband LOVES this deodorant, which is quite miraculous since he has been using the same kind for years and years and years. 

5-6 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2c baking soda
1/2c cornstarch
Essential Oils (lemon, orange, lavender, tea tree oil)

I simply mushed (or poured if coconut oil is heated from steam of boiling water) all this together and put it in an old deodorant container that had a plastic piece that moved the deodorant bar up when you twisted it on the bottom.

*Coconut oil turns into a liquid at 76 degrees (or so), so in the summer you may want to place your deodorant in the fridge. 

Bathroom Cleaner:
Getting that ring off the bathtub is my LEAST favorite chore by far! But I found this recipe working WONDERS!!

Gallon of hot/warm water
1/2c lemon juice
1/2 baking soda
Some sort of soap base (Super Washing Soda/ Natural Liquid Soap Base/ Dish Soap)

Just scrub! 
Your Whole Bathroom!
You can add essential oils for a pleasant smell too!!


Everyday Cleaner:
Nothing works better then hot soapy water.
But I also purchase Shaklee's All Purpose Basic H.
I have had the smaller bottle for over a year now and have not run out.
I use it everyday, several times a day! 

LOVE IT!

_________________________________________________

I am going to be experimenting with different toothpaste, make-up, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and possibly lotion recipes as well. 

The less I have to spend every month,
and the more healthy options I can provide for my family...
THE BETTER!!



No comments:

Post a Comment