Monday, June 25, 2012

O Wretched Man That I Am

Guilt sticks in my gut.
It's heavy on my chest and makes my stomach sick.


"Why did I do that?!? Why didn't I think that through first?!?"
"I am SO sorry Lord! How could I?!"


Thoughts of my Lord on the cross flood my mind.
Thoughts of the sins people engage in who don't know Jesus just makes my guilt all the more unbearable!
**I know You! You speak to me! I walk with You! How could I?**


God, I feel like I need to do something to be forgiven! 
Should I read my Bible until the guilt goes away?
Do You want me to worship You for hours until I am bawling my eyes out begging for forgiveness?
Should I stand before all the people I know and confess my ugliness?
PLEASE LORD! What do I need to do?!?

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9


"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I HATE to do, that I do." Romans 7:15


"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8


"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my potion,' says my soul, 'therefore I hope in Him!'" Lamentations 3:22-24







As I looked onto the faces of my sweet girl's sleeping last night, I wondered how the Lord could ever let me raise them. How He could ever use ME to lead anyone to Him?

Then I realized, it's my job to show my kids and others how to fall to their knees in repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment