Wednesday, February 9, 2011

About to Lose It!

I discovered something that totally just changed my attitude!

I spent the morning in my Word reading the Proverb of the day as well as some of John and Oswald Chambers My Utmost For His Highest. I have also been in prayer for others all morning. However, once my daughter started screaming while I was feeding her apple/pear sauce with some brown rice and oatmeal, I almost lost it. Building up in me was frustration! I wanted to yell or spank her or something!!

Silently I prayed that the Lord would change my heart and give me patience. However I was still feeling frustration well up inside me. So I decided to just sing praises. I sang with as much power behind my voice as I could.
"Lord, You are more precious then silver. Lord, You are more costly then gold. Lord, You are more beautiful then diamonds. Nothing I desire compares to You!"
Not only did my kids stop screaming and listen to me sing, but I shifted my attitude through praising my Lord!

We got through breakfast and my daughters are now taking their first nap of the day. Ha flesh! Take that! I will conquer you one day at a time... actually one moment at a time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment