Friday, January 19, 2018

Hello Trimester 3 :)

Wow! Flying by that's for sure! Being pregnant during this time of year is FANTASTIC! IT's so busy and eventful, yet a restful couple months off school for the holidays, time just flys by and my mind is occupied with things other then the usual pregnancy misery. 



Weight Gain: As for my 29th week I have gained 22lbs total. Starting at 150lbs and currently at 172lbs. I feel pretty good about my weight. 



Exercise: Very consistent. 4-6 times a week for 20-30 minutes a day. Whether climbing my stairs, going for walks, or lifting weights, I have stayed very active I think. 



Diet: VERY healthy and on track I would say. I let up on my sugar intake a little during the holiday season, but won't allow myself to go crazy. Choosing high protein, lower carb options with a salad pretty much every single day. I just started Bran cereal every morning instead of my usual Larabar since I know the last trimester digestion issues are sure to come. 



Emotions: This is when I remembered I am in my last trimester! They've been a little cray-cray. Oh my patient family is so good to me! Some chocolate, exercise, an herbal bath and time to myself usually does the trick. 



Pain: I did have a week of incredible cramping and pressure in my back so much so I went to the ER Christmas Night just to make sure everything was okay. They were picking up lots of contractions, but everything looked great. I went home assured that I was probably just having glorious goring pains. 

Cool tools and tricks from this pregnancy:
* Found this sweet app called See How You Eat which allows you to snap photos of what you eat and have a visual reminder of what you've taken in. Oh man! I haven't had any vegetables yet! Dinner better be veggie filled! or I've done great the last few days! I can partake in this slice of cheesecake!

* Lifting Weights. What a difference! I can't believe I didn't lift weights more often before now?!? I am definitely going to continue this through this last trimester.

* Just embracing the Insomnia and plowing through all my new Lamplighter Publishing books as well as kicking my "read through the Bible in a year" plan being several books ahead and having just started January. 


No comments:

Post a Comment