Friday, September 22, 2017

1 Month Since "Stroke" Incident

I don't know what else to call it really. 

We don't know what's going on yet. 

Some neurologists think it's MS, some believe it was a mini-stroke, some think I'm having anxiety issues... yeah okay... that's just because you looked at my chart and saw that I'm pregnant with my 6th kid... She must have anxiety!!!


Anyways.

I'm hopefully starting physical therapy next week to be able to balance and walk on my own again. I don't know if they're going to help me regain strength on my left side of my body, namely my left hand. I'd love to be able to play the guitar again and go back to leading worship on Sundays. 

I had 2 MRIs that came back normal and a CT scan that came back normal.
All blood work (vitamin panels, thyroid... and more then I remember) came back normal.

My whole left side is still tingly and feels like it's crawling and so is the right side of my face, right arm, and right side of my back. Some places get very numb at different times still. But th most crippling is the dizziness, bursts of vertigo, and confusion. BUT my speech is much better!! That's fantastic!



So I need to find a more qualified primary that can take the next step in figuring out what's going on. 

Otherwise, I sit on the couch pretty much ALL day. I leave the house with a wheel chair or walker depending on where we're going. I attempt to homeschool, write reviews, and keep up with as much as I can with what little brain I have. But I am really waiting on the Lord. It's a time of rest and waiting. 


We leave the country in about a month and a half so I am PRAYING that the physical therapy at least gets me walking on my own or I may be traveling to 2 countries on 4-wheels instead of 2-legs. 


Could be worse!

But for now, I can't cook, I can't clean, I can't speak too well so I try not to be on the phone with people much and save that energy for people I see face to face. 



God's SOOOO GOOOD!!!! :) :)

I'm humbled at how much He reassures me that He's there even when I feel like this isn't that big of a deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment