Friday, August 12, 2011

Blessings From My Father

It blows me away when the Lord blesses me even though I don't deserve it. Daily I fall short of obeying His word. I let my emotions get the best of me, disrespect my husband, get impatient with my children, don't please the Lord with my thoughts, gossip, hide bitterness and anger in my heart, and \my Father shows me how much He loves me!

I am beginning why several times throughout the Bible it talks about reminding ourselves of the things the Lord has done (led them out of captivity, bless them with a promised land, defeated their enemies, blessed them with many children, riches, wisdom... the list is so endless). Yet, we seem to forget.

Remember: My wonderful husband, my beautiful kids, a handful of friends that would give their life for me no doubt, an amazing Godly Father and step mother, a church body that houses you when you have nowhere to go... and now...

AN APARTMENT WITH BRAND NEW CARPET, CUPBOARDS, WOOD FLOOR, AND KITCHEN & BATHROOM COUNTERTOPS!!!!

Thats right! I was only worried about the carpet because it was so dirty and the Lord decided to change it, along with many other things; not because I deserve it, but because He loves me!

Remember the wonderful things the Lord has done! I pray that you at least journal the things that the Lord does and says so that you can look back and remember. I praise God for His hand on my life and I long to know, serve and love Him more and more! He is so good :)

Monday we get the keys to our new place and my wonderful husband is getting me paint so we have color in our new home! Then we should be all moved in by dad's wedding Thursday :)

Here is an awesome devotional that clearly shows what God has victoriously placed in our lives through the crazinesses of life

1 comment: