Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Great-Grandma Grammy


We (Alex, the kids, my mom, occasionally my sisters, and I) visit my grandma every other Sunday. She lives in Bloomington and her home has been the family "meeting ground" for years! I mean it! Family reunions, every Christmas Eve I can remember, Easter Sundays, New Years...


Well Grammy is going to be home with Jesus soon. She has been diagnosed with breast/lung/bone cancer. It started as breast cancer, then she got her breasts removed, but some of the cancerous cells stayed in her chest area and moved into her lungs and bones. She has been holding up a lot better then the doctors gave her hope too. However, it's getting harder and harder for her to breathe and she looks more and more in pain and just tired.



We pray that the Lord has mercy on her and takes her home to be with Him soon, before the pain becomes unbearable. We pray that the stresses of this life, the material possessions and family drama, will fade from her mind, and that she meditates solely on Jesus Christ and His glory as her days come to an end on this earth. We love you so much Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment