Thursday, March 31, 2011

Power of Praise


2 Chronicles 20:22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated.

There is power behind prasie! Latley I have been studying Phillipians. Paul had something that allowed him to sing prasies after being beaten and imprisoned (Acts 16, Phillipians). He had a realtionship with Jesus Christ. He had a love for his Savior that was so real, it compelled him to do some pretty crazy things!

We are applying this to our daily lives. Everyday, my children join me in a worship session after we have breakfast. We usually do our mornings like this:
  • Breakfast and prayer for Daddy and a country in the world where believers are persecuted for their beliefs in Jesus
  • Praise and Devotions
  • Naptime
I pray that you remember that God is worthy of our praise despite anything we go through. I know for me lately, I am in serious pain from this endometriosis and often feel so discouraged. The enemy tries to tell me to just crawl up in a corner and cry. I deserve it. I deserve to stop doing so much ministry and focus on my health. Granted, there is a balance in this... I know where the Lord has me right now and I am going to be faithful to the ministry He has given me.

Philippians 4:12 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say rejoice!

1 comment:

  1. What precious pictures of your girls learning to praise Him at a young age :) Praying for you friend!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete