Thursday, October 4, 2018

Bible-At-a-Glance Review - Bible Study Tool for Kids

We love to study our Bibles. When I fell in love with Jesus, repented of my sin, and accepted Him as my Savior, I couldn't get enough of my Bible! I was learning who God was! I was reading His Words and it felt like they were written to me. I wrote scriptures all over my bedroom walls meditating on them day and night. I fought battles with God's Word, overcame sin with God's Word, received healing from God's Word, studied history and science and archeology through God's Word. And still today I am hungry for God's Word. I have grown in wisdom and knowledge and understanding in all areas over the last decade through study of God's Word!



How true this is in my life, how true this is in the lives of my children! To know God. To have His Word hidden in their hearts. Teach Sunday School has created a very simple and useful product to help your children better understand the main scope and sequence of the 66 books of the Bible. It's called Books of the Bible At-a-Glance and we have been using it in our home over the last month or so in our study of God's Word. 

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 9:24 

I want to share what this neat tool is and how we have been using it. 




What Is It?

The Bible is a LARGE book with many characters, authors, and it takes place over an extensive amount of time. Getting things straight for little minds, and even big minds, can be challenging. 


Books of the Bible At-a-Glance consist of one-page "cheat sheets" for each book of the Bible that cover the basic who-what-where-when-why's of background information. They also include each book's "claim to fame" comprised of important verses or stories that book is particularly known for. 




You purchase access rights via their webpage and, once your order is approved, you have immediate access to view and print any, or all, of the 66 At-a-Glance reference sheets. Another great part of this is that you are able to print UNLIMITED amounts for a single church use or household use!



What Does It Look Like In Practical Use?

In the Children's Ministry at our church, the kids go right through the Bible book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse. In our home, we prioritize our children's growth in their spiritual lives. Part of their daily and weekly school work is their devotional life. They read ahead for what is being taught Sunday and Thursday and come to class with notes. They also work on their CKC (Calvary Kids Club - similar to Awana) books on a daily basis memorizing scriptures, looking up words in the dictionary, and finding applications in their own lives.



APPLICATION ONE: My kids were finishing up the book of Galatians and starting the book of Ephesians. These sheets were a BLAST for my kids! They brought full circle what they have been studying and gave them a clear vision going into a new book of the Bible. 
So cool!

The Bible-At-a-Glance sheets were not overwhelming for them. It didn't feel like an extra thing they needed to read or another chore they needed to do. They enjoyed looking over them and ask to reference them occasionally throughout their studies. 



APPLICATION TWO: Another one of my kids is doing her CKC book that is an "Overview of the Old Testament" Books. This is a PERFECT application of these Bible-At-a-Glance sheets since she is reviewing one book of the Bible a day working from Genesis to Malachi!

At first I was printing her the sheets for her to use and keep. 



Then I had a brilliant idea!!!
(You probably would have thought of this long before I did...)

I created a 3-ring binder with sheet protectors and placed all the sheet inside. Now it can sit on the shelf at home and the kids can pull it down and reference it whenever they need to! I plan on adding other cool tools like these to this binder over time so they have a neat and personalized resource for their studies!

Introducing the beginning of our Deputie Children's Bible Reference Guide:

Printing these sheets in full color would have definitely made this much prettier then it looks :)

APPLICATION THREE: My husband is about to start teaching Children's Ministry this month and I am sure these Bible-At-a-Glance sheets will come in handy for him as well. 

Recommend?

Yep! Very neat, simple tool that helps younger kids on their first discoveries of the BIG book of God's Word. 

We really owned these and made them our own. I can't wait to continue to implement them over the next several months and years of my children's years in training under my roof :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're never too little to start hiding the Words of the Creator and the Savior in your heart. Start that hunger and that habit now! The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7) and the beginning of wisdom (Psalm 111:10, Proverbs 9:10). 

Aryeh taking notes in church :)


It needs to come before academics, and it needs priority above academics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment