Sunday, October 30, 2016

When the Drudgery of October Comes : Homeschooling



September comes and we're so excited to start our new circiculum!

We do school year 'round, but we usually finish up and start the next "year" Septemberish.




We follow our new schedules.
We use our new chore charts.
I even exercise on a daily basis. 

Then October rolls around.
The days grow darker. 
We all feel like sleeping in.
I just don't want to pull the math books out today...

At this point, I like to re-evaluate. 
Is our schedule still working?



We do school 4 days a week. 
Monday-Thursday and then Friday saved for grocery shopping day.

We decided to try doing school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, with Wednesday off for grocery shopping/showers/deep cleaning the house. 

So, after I re-evaluate, I remind myself of what the long-term will look/feel like. 



If we just keep pressing on, we'll have finished this HUGE math book of worksheets!

If we just pick up the books again today, we'll have this huge stack of books completely read!

If we just do one more verse in this CKC book, they'll have so many scriptures memorized by the end of the year!

If I just teach this chore one more time, they'll be mastering it and that's one less thing around the house I have to worry about.

It reminds me of my walk with the Lord. (I love how we can apply our walks with the Lord to every area of our lives!!! The Bible really IS sufficient for everything and really DOES have all the answers for life and godliness!!)

Those days when I don't feel like doing my devotions, I don't feel like praying, I don't feel like pressing on... I remember what the long-term will look like



Hebrews 12:1-2
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.



SO!
Weary Mama's!
Keep on keeping on!
I know it's hard.

Home Educating demands your physical, mental, emotional everything, day in and day out. 

But keep the end in perspective!

Our babies walking with Jesus, knowing His voice and His Word.

Knowing their math facts by heart.

Knowing how to read everything and how to learn anything.


Let's die to ourselves and lay down our lives for our families. 



Oh... And have fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment