Friday, August 18, 2017

Out of the Mouth of Babes...




"I'm not gonna whoop my kids"

Walking into the zoo - all 7 of us holding hands and heading toward the entrance.
Elias: When I have kids, I'm NOT gonna whoop them. Nope! I'm not gonna whoop them.
Me: Well, you're kids are gonna be spoiled and naughty. I'm not having out of control grandkids at my house. No sir!
Elias: I'm gonna have my kids sit on their bed FOREVER!
Me: FOREVER?!?
Elias: Yep! Forever!
Alex: He may have gotten that idea because I sent him to his bed the other day and forgot he was there!



"I'm disappointed on you!"

At the hospital putting on Elias' gown
Elias: Mom! Is this my new pajamas?!?
Me: Yes!
Elias: Mom! Am I like a superman?
Me: Sure!
Elias: Okay. Mom! Hurry and get this thing on me so that boy doctor doesn't see my naked. If he does I'm going to be so disappointed on you!





"We were too tired"
Overhearing my girls converse about why they are so tired. 
Ahavah: Yeah, I'm tiered because the alarm went off and Alecia wouldn't go turn it off.
Me: What alarm?
Alecia: Oh, the alarm that sings "Resurrection Song" by Keith Green
Me: What?!? When does that go off?
Alecia: At 12:00
Me: Every night?!?
Ahavah: Yeah!
Me: This must have been happening for months! I set that to go off at 12-noon months ago! Why didn't you ever tell me?
Alecia: We were too tired...




Discovering Ears and Eyes Benefits
Hayven: *Randomly* "It's kinda great that we have ears and eyes. They're our bestest parts."
Me: "Why is that?"
Hayven: "'Cause when someone talks to you, you can just like hear them and talk back to them."



What Women Really Do At Women's Bible Study...

*Alex and I were discussing women's Bible study*

Alecia: what do you do in women's ministry?
Ahavah: probably the same thing mom does in the morning and at night
Me: and what do I do in the morning and at night?
Ahavah: you know like do your devotions and cook breakfast
Me: is that because those are the only times you don't know what I'm doing because you're in bed?
Alecia: yeah!

Alex continues to explain what women's Bible study is like.

Ahavah: okay, so you don't cook breakfast?!?

Now THIS is how you do a CostCo run!






No comments:

Post a Comment