This is a lesson the Lord has taught me over the years. I don't exactly recall how or when He taught me this, or if it just happened gradually as I grew closer to Him. It all comes back to joy. It all comes back to being satisfied in Him.
"Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am. I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want." Philippians 4:11-12 AMP
"Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4 AMP
- Remember: Whatever you are going through is God's "best good" for your life
- Remember: Nothing touches you that hasn't passed through the loving fingers of your God
- Remember: YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE! In that alone, you should be able to rejoice!
- Repent: For thinking that you know what is best for your life, and that you have been ungrateful/unthankful for all that God has done for you
- Practice Contentment: Paul said that he "learned to be content". So can we!
Lord, thank You for dying on the cross to forgive me of my sins that I may spend eternity with You. Help me keep this heavenly perspective. Teach me how to be content. Bring to remembrance where you have brought me from and how much I have been forgiven. I take joy in You my Father! I take joy in the smiles and squeals of my daughters. I take joy in being able to hug my husband when he gets home from work. I take joy in having a home to come to every night. Yet, if all this was taken away, I still take joy in being able to communicate with you my God. I praise You for You are worthy!
Pregnancy Update: I am between 3 & 5 weeks. I get sick in the evening as well as bloated. I am for sure showing already, but in the evening I look REALLY BIG! haha. I am looking back at the previous posts in my blog from my first pregnancy and I have about the same symptoms I did them. Minor cramping, night time sickness, ect. Ultrasound next Thursday :)