Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Daily Shower

We went to the State Fair this week.
My little sister (who doesn't ever wear shoes) came with us.
The girl's only pairs of shoes that fit are crocs. 
I wore flip-flops.
Everyone's feet were black when we got home!


This world pollutes us.
As we walk through it, all sorts of filth stick to us!
Things we see, 
things we hear,
things we are exposed to...
We need to be continually washed!
What washes us?
It's the Word of God!
I need my daily washing in God's word.
I need to take a few showers some days!


As we were walking through the ride and game section of the fair, 
I felt terrible!
The music was all about things that were NOT pleasing to the Lord.
My mind was exposed to music and conversations that were loaded with filth,
My eyes saw horrific things that would displease God's eyes,
I felt as though I was walking through Sodom and Gomorrah!




When I got home, I picked up my guitar and just sang worship songs to my God.

Lord, You are worthy! I just NEED to tell You that!
Even if the WHOLE WORLD is against You and for things that You hate, I love You!
My family, we love You! 
Wash us, Lord! 
Separate us from this filth!
Purify our minds and the minds of my kids!



Parents, shower your children daily!
Clean yourself daily!
Get rid of the filth that continues to blacken your feet!


"Behold, he shall come up like clouds, And his chariots like a whirlwind. His horses are swifter than eagles. Woe to us, for we are plundered!"




Jeremiah 4: 13-14
O Jerusalem, wash your heart from wickedness, That you may be saved. How long shall your evil thoughts lodge within you?

No comments:

Post a Comment