Friday, June 1, 2018

Project Garden: Fundraising

This year's Garden Goals were to build raised beds!

One large one in Mariah's yard since she gets full sun!
And one smaller one in my backyard since I get partial sun.

However, this year my dad and step mom are going in on the gardens too so that we can all share the produce! A couple other ladies from church are hoping to reap the benefits of the harvest as well. 

We looked at our calendars and laid out a plan for the month of May. 
Covered in prayer, we dedicated one weekend to a yard sale, one weekend to purchasing and planning the materials for the beds, and one weekend to building and planting.



We purged our homes (which I LOVE doing!!) and had a huge yard sale!



My oldest children and I spent time preparing lunches and dinners to last over the course of the yard sale. Everything was packed up and ready to grab and go.



In the morning we headed over to Mariah's house and we would either all have a worship time together, or we'd just pray and dedicate the day to the Lord.



Our prayer was to make $300-$500 AND be able to preach the gospel to those coming through the sale.



We made $350!



AND We got to share the gospel to a number of customers as well as lay hands on one in prayer and give her a Bible! The work the Lord did was amazing!



My other sister and her family came in town and we all (including my two little brothers and parents) got to just fellowship at my sister's house after we all tore down the garage sale things. 



Our husbands are all so graciously doing what they can to help as well. My brother-in-law is doing some side jobs for extra cash, my husband is giving plasma for extra cash, and my dad is selling some things online for some extra cash. 



Our next step is to purchase materials and build the beds (this is the guys job)!
We also need to pray over and purchase what plants or seeds we are to grow this season.



Lord willing, we will produce and afford enough to provide for our needs and the needs of others!




Here's me, my two sisters and two brothers :)





No comments:

Post a Comment