Friday, July 14, 2017

Chicken Pox!

The Deputie's have their immunity!
Woo Hoo!
I've been praying and waiting for this day for a LONG time!

And what better time to start it then on record breaking hot days here in our state?! ;)

It was a Tuesday and I noticed both Aryeh and Elias had what looked liked mosquito bites when they woke up. We just put the screen in their window so I suspected that maybe some buggers snuck in and I closed the window. After nap time, they had more spots!









At this same time I noticed two spots on myself that I thought nothing about.

Wednesday morning Aryeh woke up with 10ish spots and they were nice and round. Elias had 5-8. That's when I knew!

After canceling worship practice and the children's meeting that were to be held at our home that evening, we headed to the doctor's office who confirmed it was chicken pox. Interesting note, after the doctor spent time evaluating the photos I sent him over the following days, he said our breakout looks like a case that typically comes after exposed to a vaccinated child who "sheds" the chicken pox. No clue what that means long term, but thought it was worth remembering...


Anyways...

The next few days (Thursday-Saturday) both boys would have a few spots show up each day, but both had a very light case. I ended up getting sick with flu like symptoms, headaches, dizziness and fatigue for the whole week through the weekend.

Other then that, their spots crusted over and the neither the girls not Alex got any! 



I am curious to see if they got their immunities?!? A future blood test is definitely in order. 

AND WE SURVIVED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment