Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Treating Strep Without Antibiotics

Let's get things straight before I share some things:

NO I am not completely against antibiotics. 
YES I believe a lot of things can be dealt with without antibiotics. 
YES even I have limits of when I go to a doctors office and determine that home remedies just won't be enough (just look at all the hospital bills we're paying)

Source Here


ROUND ONE:

Last week Sunday morning, my daughter Alecia woke up and said her throat. I felt her head, she was definitely warm. Probably a fever around 100. She was also lethargic and not hungry. Alex stayed home from church with the kids and I told him to start her on "the tea". By Sunday evening, her fever broke, but her throat was still sore. 

Monday morning, her throat was still sore. I started everyone on "the tea" 3 times a day. By Monday night she said her throat wasn't hurting any more. It still appeared a bit red with a few white spots on her tonsils. 

Tuesday morning, she mentioned nothing about anything hurting and felt completely better. However, Hayven said her throat was hurting. I looked and it was a little red so we all continued on "the tea". 

We continued "the tea" Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday. Everyone seemed all better. There were no red throats. No white spots on the tonsils. No fevers. Nothing. 

ROUND ONE GOES TO: THE TEA!!!!

Our Tuesday morning (see below) waiting for dad to come home was spent laying on the floor watching Super Book movies.


ROUND TWO:

Sunday evening we got home around 11pm-12pm and I was laying in bed with my husband and could feel my immune system crashing. Whenever I eat things that I don't typically have in my diet, I get this feeling. I rolled over from the TV show we were watching and fell asleep. 

Monday morning, my throat was SO SWOLLEN; the little thing that hangs down in the back (you know, that thing no one ever knows the name of) was SO swollen it was almost touching my tongue! I couldn't talk, I felt like I was on the verge of chocking. I went downstairs and my sister was home (PRAISE THE LORD!) I asked her if she'd watch the kids until nap time, then put them down before she left for work. I checked my temp 100.8. I had a pounding headache. Long story short, I slept 20 hours and only got up when I thought I would vomit from the head pounding or if I needed to pee. I only drank "the tea" and some water.

Tuesday morning, throat still too swollen to talk. Still had a low grade fever. But was able to get out of bed and come downstairs. My husband left work early to come help out before he had school. He brought me more honey for my tea. Ahavah started to show signs if Scarlet Fever (a form of strep) by developing a bumpy rash on her face and chest. I have everyone back on the "tea"!

Wednesday, My throat is only the slightest bit sore. I have no fever. I am just physically tiered and weak. I would guess by tomorrow, I'll be feeling back to my normal self, but will continue the tea for the rest of the week (AT LEAST!).

ROUND TWO GOES TO: THE TEA!!!!


My son insisted he have his own blanket and lay in his own spot.

THE TEA
This tea works miracles against strep throat. I've treated strep once before like this... YEARS AGO! I never get strep throat because I actually allow my body to fight it and build up a decent immunity against it. 

Hot Water
Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw Honey
Cayenne Pepper
1 Clove of FRESH garlic, chopped into 4 quarters (Optional)
Drink 3-8 times a day for at least a week, even if symptoms disappear.


In case you don't know this about me, I don't tend to measure anything when I cook, bake, or make home remedies. I adjust things according to each person. All my kids can handle a good amount of Apple Cider Vinegar, but Alecia is more sensitive to the Cayenne Pepper and it will take her FOREVER to drink this tea if I put too much in at once. I, on the other hand, LOVE lots of cayenne. So for Alecia, I'll sneak it in her meals while she is sick so she's still getting a good amount into her body. 

My recommendation would be to at least try this for a few days before rushing in and getting antibiotics. You'd be surprised how quickly your body (provided you have a decent immune system and nutritional diet on a normal day to day basis) can get better from strep throat with a little support.

If any of my children had gotten a high fever for several days, or I just noticed things were getting worse and not better, I would have brought them in. 


Praise the Lord we live in a country where we can make decisions about our health! 

Praise the Lord we have access to amazing medical technology! 

Praise the Lord He made things like honey, vinegar, garlic, and hot peppers to have such amazing medicinal properties!

We are very blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment