Thursday, August 23, 2012

Simplicity

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 
~ 2 Corinthians 11:3 ~

Don't you just LOVE how simple God is?


Just simply obey me.
When the pillar of fire moves, you move.
When the pillar of cloud moves, you move.
I just simply love you. 
You can't earn it.
You can't escape it. 
You can do nothing to lose it.



The Lord is brining me through a season of simplicity right now. 

Teaching me that ALL the answers to life and godliness are in His word. (2 Peter 1:3)
I rarely ask for counsel from people any more because God is so faithful to have the answers for me already in His word. 

Just today I sought counsel from someone, and while waiting to hear back from them, the Lord answered me. 

Also, physically we are learning about simplicity. I wish I could take a picture of all the possessions we have gotten rid of and donated to the church garage sale.
I never realized HOW MUCH STUFF we had!!! We are SO BLESSED!

But I really am enjoying giving it all away. 

**I can fit all my clothes in one rubbermaid bin now.
**I only have four large plates, and four small plates.
**The girls have one bin of toys and a few small drawers of clothes.
**My bathroom "stash" has now become a small bin of makeup, hair items, and soaps. 
(Pictures of the new place coming soon!!)

The simplifying isn't over. 

Even in my daily life with my family and ministry.

I often times look at things in such a whole that I get overwhelmed!


Oh man! Monday Alex is going to give plasma and will not be home until 7pm, then he has emails to go over and his church lesson to study for. Tuesday he has his prayer meeting followed by his childrens meeting. Wednesday night we are going to try to get groceries, unpack more, put up more shelves and pictures... Thursday, I need to get everything ready for a night at the park and church. Friday we have Fellowship night. Saturdays... well, we NEVER know WHATS going to happen Saturdays. Then Sundays we get up at 5:30am for church set-up, nursery, 2nd service, and tear down. We leave at about 3:30pm. This dones't even mention the house work, the random phone calls of ministry things that people need to talk through, or need help serving at, homeschooling... the list goes on....

Blah. Blah. Blah.

SO I just get up, brew some coffee and THEN.....
Run around like a chicken with no head trying to get as much done before the sun sets!!! I open up my Bible and read the words that breathe life into my being. I shower my kids in the Word of God and prayer. Then we begin our "to do" list with the expectation (Psalm 62:5) that God will direct us to get things does that we never thought we would be able to partake in!!

Just the other day I stepped outside and spent the next couple hours helping these two girls get their car running and invited them to church. Praise God I wasn't consumed with unpacking and cleaning and missed out!!

Life can be so simple! WE complicate it!!




Simply follow me.
Simply ask me.
Simply listen to me.
Simple be still and know I AM YOUR GOD. (ps 46:10)
Have I EVER proven my self not faithful!?
Have I EVER given you a reason to think I will not provide?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment