Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Open, Honest, Transparent Lives

In James it says,
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed...James 5:16


In Matthew we read,
For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known.Matthew 10:26
Genesis 3:7 says,
The eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; they sewed fig leaves together to make themselves coverings.


Living Open, Honest, and Transparent lives is something I am continually learning how to do. It does not come naturally. It's not something our natural selves were created to do. I mean, what does it even look like? I am learning situation by situation what it looks like simply by listening to the Holy Spirit lead me. 


I faced a crappy situation last week where I needed to be Open, Honest and Transparent and I am going to, again be Open, Honest, and Transparent and post it on here for you all to learn from.


There was a person that I had been harboring sinful thoughts and feelings towards. They hadn't been around for very long, but I had harbored these things in my heart always telling myself that they weren't there or weren't true. Our relationship was akward. I didn't want to be around them, or look them in the eye. I could tell they knew it was awkward, but didn't say anything to me. My husband was friends with this person, so this person was around all the time. 


So one night, we were praying in a group, and the Lord would NOT STOP reminding me of my ugliness lovingly nudging me to reconcile with this person. Immediately after prayer I called my husband and this person into another room. 


"Our relationship is awkward and this is why.... so will you pray with me?"


God is Faithful, God is Faithful, God is Faithful! 


Our relationship is completely restored and not awkward at all anymore! I can't believe the immediate restoration that occurred! I know it may not always turn out this way, but God is Faithful and sees your obedience!
Let this encourage you in whatever the Lord is telling you to be open, honest and transparent about:
Are you harboring evil thoughts toward someone in your heart?
Jealousy?
Envy?
Covetousness?
Lust?
Have you sinned against someone and need to confess it?
Do you struggle with a secret sin that you need to confess to someone?

Would not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart. Psalm 44:21 

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; Psalm 139:23 

I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings. Jer 17:20 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment