Monday, May 9, 2011

Pressing On Toward the Prize

Alecia Grace Deputie began to crawl two days ago! She has mastered the Army Crawl! Alex brought me home a snickers bar and we were laying on the floor about 6 feet from where the girl were. Alecia saw the snickers bar and crawled all the way over to us so she could get a bite (aka a suck).

Her determination fascinates me. She sees what she is going for and goes for it. However when she realizes how far the prize was, and how long she still had to crawl, she would get discouraged and stop moving. She could have covered so much more ground had she kept her focus on the snickers bar and just kept moving until she got there.

How much more in your life? How often do you lose sight of Jesus? Do you get caught up in all there is to do, or how much work it is? Oh, I have so much more to learn! Oh, I have worked so hard and am still not as good as ____! What's the point? This walk is too hard! This crawl is too long! Look at all that I have been through Lord! Look at all I have given up for You!

Don't lose hope! Here is what the Bible says:

Philippians 3:14
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

1 Timothy 6:12
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment