Wednesday, June 16, 2010

25 weeks and some interesting news...

So some developing news has finally come completely to light. My grandma, and my two girl's great-grandma, has been officially diagnosed with stage four cancer. There is nothing the doctors can do and the cancer is extremely aggressive. There are 9 nodules that are cancerous in her chest area between her lungs and ribcage. One is clinging to her lung (which could result in lung cancer) and another to her rib (which could lead to bone cancer).

I visited my grandma yesterday and we talked. Shes seemed to be okay with whatever the results were going to be. But today I found out when she called my mom she started crying.

I don't really know how I feel about it. I mean I am sad, don't get me wrong, that she is not going to be around much longer to be a great-grandma to my kids. And I am especially sad that she has to go through the pain of cancer. However, I know that she will be with Jesus and for that I am VERY happy. No more dealing with cancer, or pain, or this flesh we live in. For that I am thankful and happy.

I guess it didn't really hit me until today. I cried about it for the first time. I don't have a lot of blood family I am close to. She's really the only one outside of my parents. Seriously!

I pray that the Lord's will be done, as always. I pray that her journey through this trial will be as pain free as possible and that she goes to be with the Lord as soon as He wants her to. I would love for her to be healed completely and be around for a while longer to see my children grow and mature in Jesus, but I want God's PERFECT will. I also pray that she spends her last moments on this earth in sweet communion with God and family and friends, just like Jesus did His last days on earth.

Praise You Lord! Through all of life's trails and mysteries. You are Faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment