Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Speaking of Traditions...

Speaking of Traditions....

 If you read my last post, I talked a little about Traditions and the holidays and how we have been trying the "Jesse Tree" this year, with our own twist on it.

Well for the last couple years, we decided to start something for Thanksgiving that blessed our neighbors and opened up opportunities to share Jesus with them!


And what says, "We love Jesus and we love you"  more then HOT CINNAMON ROLLS ON A COLD MORNING?!?


We stay up late the night before Thanksgiving and make two large batches of cinnamon rolls.


Gluten to pass out to neighbors and Gluten-Free/Dairy Free for our family. 


The next morning, while the cinnamon rolls are baking (and filling our home with the most wonderfully warming smell of cinnamon and yeast), we start up the cream cheese frosting.


We then COVER the PIPING HOT cinnamon rolls in icing, bundle up, and head outside!!


We go door to door and whoever answers gets a cinnamon roll, one per person in the house. 


We actually had a few neighbors RUN to the door and greet us, "Oh we hoped it was YOU GUYS! We've been waiting for you!!"


We had to explain to Elias that we had a second batch in the house for us to eat.
We passed the last three off to one neighbor and Elias was yelling, 
"NO! 
DON'T TAKE THOSE CINNAMON ROLLS!!! 
NO!!!!"


By the time we got back, our rolls had just finished.
We frosted them, ate them, and drank some fresh coffee with cream.
(Yes, I allow my kids to drink coffee now and again... its way better then pop or loads of juice!)


Even Aryeh enjoyed his first cinnamon rolls. 



And after Elias has his fill of 4 cinnamon rolls, he curled up in my lap as we snuggled and watched the remainder of the Macy's Day parade.


We then got dressed and ready to go to Alex's family's house. 








Saturday morning we did Thanksgiving at my dad and step mom's house.
We also spent Sunday evening at my mom and step dad's.



Three Thanksgivings filled with the people I LOVE the most!
My family!!

You know, during Thanksgiving especially, but really anytime I'm with my family, I think back to not even ten years ago. My family was divided. Destitute. Only my dad and I walking with the Lord. I remember day after day pouring my heart out to God pleading for my family and interceding for their walks with Jesus. 

It's amazing to now see both sisters, married, having children, and so IN LOVE with Jesus!!!!

I have the relationship with them that I've longed for my whole life, but never have been able to have. 

God's in the business of REDEEMING! 
DON'T LOST HOPE!!

Now that's something to be Thankful for!

4 comments: