Saturday, March 10, 2018

Evelyn Michele Deputie

Of course, the day I posted my last update was the day I finally had my baby girl! 



I had been in Early Labor for weeks. Lost my mucus plug, had a bloody show, been contracting every 5-10 minutes every day. I always felt like I was just about to turn that corner, but never did. 


This is me one of those nights I was SURE I was going to turn the corner and hit active labor. I packed food, a bag, everything. Yeah... I ate all that food long before I went into labor... *sigh*


Tuesday the 6th I had this feeling to stay home. My contractions were as they normally were: strong and every 10-20 minutes. I had been in contact with my midwives over the weekend and they were sure I was going into labor over the weekend, but never did. 

My little sister came over and brought me some castor oil and OJ in exchange for a gallon of raw cows milk. My husband has been begging me to take some since I just needed that extra push to get things going. So with both my sister and my husband coaxing me on, I downed 2 tbsp of castor oil in 4oz of Orange Juice.

I nestled up with 1 liter of coconut water and a bottle full of water and a book. I drank as much liquids as I could just in case I got diahrehia or stomach cramps.


A photo I sent to my sisters telling them I was scared I was going to have mad poops. They kept mocking me and sending me funny photos of poop emojis and such. 


However, nothing. 


--> I took castor oil with my twins and Hayven and it put me right into labor within 6-8 hours of taking it with absolutely no side effects. Beautiful, fast, smooth labor. I took some with Elias and it did NOTHING but cause some Braxton Hicks.

Around 11:30pm my normal Early Labor contractions seemed to focus more on my lower pelvis then a tightening across my stomach. 

I laid in bed and tried to sleep but couldn't get comfortable through the contractions. I was still laying down and breathing through them in bed. 

I prayed, "Lord, You know me. I don't know when these are "real" labor pains and I will end up staying home too long and have this baby right in my bed. I really need You to tell me when to make the decision that it's time to go in."


At the birth center giving Alex the thumbs up as we get settled and I walk and sway. You can see the tub filling up!


Just then, a little after 1am I had a contraction that caused my muscles in my upper body (arms) to shake a little bit. I got up and walked to the bathroom. Again one that caused my body to shake more. 
Walked back to my bed room. I braced against the wall and shook again.

This is finally it!

I woke Alex up and told him it was gonna be fast so we needed to move!




I called Mariah and told her to come. 
Called my midwife and left a message. 
Called my mom and told her to get ready to go.


Now I LOVE LOVE LOVE labor! 
I love the contractions.
I love the swaying of my hips through the pain.
I love challenging myself to be soft and gentle and peaceful in between the contractions.
I LOVE IT!

So I'm waking my twins up asking them if they still wanted to go see Evelyn be born. 

I can't get Ahavah out of bed. 

I grip the wall and sway and breathe through a very strong and long contraction.

Finally the girls get up, get dressed, grab their bags and head downstairs. 

My midwife calls and I told her, "It's gonna be a fast one!"




Mariah shows up and we talk like everything's normal. Jedi (my nephew) greets me with a big smile and he's ready to play. I grip the wall, have a long contraction, then jokingly say, "Alright! Gotta run to the car before the next one!"

The car ride always sucks with all the bumps and turns and stops. 

We arrive at the center. I jumped out of the car right when it stopped so I could brace myself on the door while breathing through another contraction. I think I had 3-4 before I even made it into the birth center. 

The tub was filling. My midwife, a training midwife and a nurse all arrived. 

I was smiling, greeting them, telling them how excited I was, then bracing myself against the bed or counter for a minute or two to contract. 

Once I had a second I ripped my clothes off and climbed into that tub.





Oh My Gosh!! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WATER BIRTHS!

The contracts felt totally tolerable, still painful, but that warm water wrapping around your whole body is amazing! I was so comfortable I was beginning to question my assessment that Evelyn's labor was going to be a quick one!

In between contractions I was explaining to the girls when to come over and watch me push out Evelyn, greeting my mom, asking my midwife in training about her kids, smiling, laughing, drinking coconut water.




I then felt my body begin to want to push, which was strange since I normally would get a good 5-10 minute break from contractions during my transition into the pushing part of labor. I didn't get that break this time.

I told my family that it was close, but I don't think they believed me... :)

I had a second contraction that had me bracing myself on the side of the tub and wanting to push, but I held back for the following contraction. My thought process at this point was, I'm gonna wait one more then give it all I've got and be done with all this pain. 

With a deep breath and not a sound, I rode the next contraction with all my might and pushed Evelyn out. 




There was silence. My whole body turned red (which was the only indication that I was pushing) and I said, 

"Okay, her head's out!" Everyone was surprised and ran over.

In the same push came the rest of her body.

As I looked down I saw the bag of waters still in tact over her face and as her bottom came through my birth canal, it ruptured and retracted away allowing me to lay eyes on the form of my precious baby girl for the first time!

I pulled her out of the water, held her against my chest; she cried, I panted.

"Wow!" was what everyone in the room kept saying.

"That was fast!"
"Wow!"

It was beautiful!

My twins cut her cord. 
I sat in the tub and birthed my placenta. 
I sat in there a good 20-30 minutes just cooing over my baby with my family surrounding me. 



She was born at 3:35am.
March 7th.
Weighed 7lbs 11oz.
Was 19" long. 



Active, hard labor was less then 2 hours. 
Early labor 2-3 weeks.

We handed her to Alex to do some skin to skin as I shuffled to the bed.




She nursed immediately. 
I hardly bled any more after the initial few gushes and clots. 






The midwife asked me, 
"So her middle name is Michele, is that right?"
My mom looked up in surprise!
We hadn't told anyone we were naming her after my mom.

"Yes, that's Michele with one "l". We named her after you mama!"

My moms eyes filled with tears. She game over and game me a big hug. :)





We ate breakfast and were home by 9:30am.


Here's more photos from the birth center:










The kids were all at home and got to meet Evelyn right away.
In fact, this time around they've been home the entire time. Usually we'll send them away for at least a day to sleep and just spend time with Evelyn, but we couldn't find anyone to take the kids this time. No sweat! We have been enjoying our chaos :)












I feel amazing!
Pretty much no bleeding. 
I feel energized, strong, joyful, peaceful.





I think a lot of this has to do with how healthy I've eaten and how physically active I've been.

I also feel like my stomach is shrinking much faster then it ever has (not sure if that's actually true... I feel like it is).





Alex has 2 weeks off (which is the shortest amount of time he's ever taken off).


My next post (hopefully) will about about my postpartum plans this time around and things I used this pregnancy to bounce back, get healthy, and how life looks adding the 8th member of the Deputie family :)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will homeschooling look like during this season?
House life?
Ministry?

It's always a new adventure with new challenges, new joys, new memories, and new opportunities to get to know my Jesus in a deeper way. They'll be stretching (less so physically and more so spiritually now) and growth. It'll be hard and challenging, but I tulle believe our perspective makes all the difference. 

I want to choose to walk through this time in peace, patience, joy, and in contentment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment