Saturday, October 10, 2015

Our Hundredth House Inspection

Okay, it's not our HUNDREDTH! But it sure does feel like it!




If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this post to get up to date.

My "friends" at the Department of Health came out AGAIN last week and ran through dust samples throughout the house. He called me yesterday and told me we passed! If you don't know what this means, usually in these older homes there is lead particles in the dust. Especially on the window frames. It's inevitable. There are small traces of lead in the dirt outside from the times when they painted the homes with lead paint, and from the highway when there used to be lead in the gasoline in cars and trucks. 

When they came out to test the house I was very sick and had just been home for the first time in a week (due to appointments and hospital visits with my son who had a seizure, and my daughter with her platelets and lead levels). I did a quick cleaning of the house and thought for sure we would fail, but maybe we could see where this invisible poison is coming from!!!!


He was baffled. He said he is officially frustrated with our case and doesn't know where to go from here. We've tested EVERYTHING!! Several TIMES! We just ran more blood work on all the kids and I'm waiting to see how high the rest of them are, but there are no visible sources of Ahavah's continual lead poisoning and still rising numbers or a reason it's only isolated to her.

From what I understand, there's nothing more we can do. 

The Department of Health here is going to get us a grant to get a "Swab Team"  to deep clean my house and touch up any chipping paint throughout the house. We will need to evacuate for a day and they'll come in and do their thing.

The people who drew the kids blood hooked me up with special wipes to dust with that attract lead and neutralize it. They said I can call whenever I use them all and they'll bring me more. 



We don't know what to do, or where to go. 
We've exhausted all our resources and tried everything we know to try. 
We're not giving up obviously, but were waiting on the Lord to show us what to do next. 

We're excited that all our resources are used up and that each person is beyond themselves on what to do because that just means the Lord get's to come through and be glorified in what He's doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment