Monday, July 15, 2013

36W 1D and STILL going

Well I made it!
This is the l.o.n.g.e.s.t. I have ever been pregnant. 
And I think yesterday was the hardest.

I woke up through the night with contractions. 
Then in the morning had them still.
By the early afternoon I was getting sharp lower abdominal pains (like little knives stabbing me).

Over the course of the day they got worse and worse and worse. 
My whole stomach hurt and it radiated to my back.
My stomach was rock hard.
Nothing would relieve the pain.
It felt like I needed to fart... REALLY, REALLY BAD!
SOMETHING needed to come out! The pressure was tremendous.

This isn't like my contractions were with my last two pregnancies.
I don't know what this is.
Maybe I just ate something bad??

Finally around 9pm I called my midwife and she said it sounded like I was in early labor as that can often feel like gas pains. She suggested taking Tylenol PM or something that would help me relax and try to sleep it off. 

So we put the kids to bed, I drank 1/2 a glass of wine and actually got some sleep. 
I woke up 2-3 times having to pee and my stomach still hurting bad.

This morning I am still having contractions, my stomach still hurts, but not as bad right now, and I feel like I have period cramps.

All this to say... I have no idea what's going on!
 I know that I am progressing (Friday I was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced). 
All I know is that I made it 36 Weeks and 1 Day. 
Who knows what tonight or tomorrow holds. 
I am hoping I can make it until Sunday so I can be full-term and do a water birth. 
But, if baby wants out before then... THEN THAT IS TOTALLY FNE BY ME! :) :)

P.S. Baby is measuring over 6 1/2lbs!!
*Hopefully will post a picture later*

No comments:

Post a Comment