Monday, May 13, 2013

Curve-Ball: Really??

Haha!
What a month!

Mind you, everything I am about to explain happened ONTOP of us traveling to Beloit, WI; Appleton, WI; and Somewhere far up north for two conferences and to visit family. ALSO I am 27 weeks pregnant AND attempted (and decided to wait.. for reasons you will soon read) to potty train my baby Hayven.


Let me tell you, I have been working in an awesome meal planning, grocery budgeting system for about 5 months now. I have been 

(1) Tracking Prices for items we buy regularly
(2) Figuring out where EVERY single penny of my allotted money goes a month by keeping receipts and entering prices into certain categories
(3) Making a master list of meals and recipes and menu ideas
(4) Filling out a month's worth of meals and sticking to it figuring out the best flow for our family

All this to say that this month... THIS MONTH... was going to be my crowned jewel!!
All this work for months was going to come together!
I was going to have my LOWEST in cost and HEALTHIEST in quality menu EVER!!!

But THEN....

Well, my girls have been complaining about their stomachs hurting for about the same amount of time: 5 months. Only recently they have been vomiting after they eat, their stomachs have been bloating like crazy, they have not even finished a meal for months. Then my baby started breaking out in hives (not sure yet if this is related...). 

So I decided to take them off any wheat or gluten and... BAM!!! 
No stomachs hurt.
No fighting over who is going to throw up in the CostCo trash can first.
No throwing away extra food (they were finishing their meals).

Well, this certainly throws my whole masterpiece of the last 5 months of work!!
Also considering I JUST  got 


  • Organic Whole Wheat, Stone Ground Flour (10-20lbs)
  • Oatmeal
  • Organic Whole Wheat Pasta
  • Many Uncooked Whole Wheat Tortillas (about 88)
Praise GOD I at least got some

  • Organic Brown Rice
  • Organic Quinoa
  • Organic Potatoes
  • Organic Sweet Potatoes

So we are taking them in to get "officially tested" by their pediatrician on Friday. However, I was told the results will be less then accurate... that's just how it goes with conventional medicine now-a-days... 



Hoping to take them into a naturopath eventually.



So now... I am just getting by again. Trying not to run out of grocery money before the next $450 comes in...

Talk about a curve ball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment