Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Titus 2:3-5 Study: Admonish the Young Women




Titus 2:3-5 
"The older women likewise, that they be
reverent in behavior
not slanderous,
not given to much wine,
teachers of good things --
that they admonish the young women
to love their husbands
to love their children,
to be discreet,
chaste,
homemakers,
good,
obedient to their own husbands,
that the word of God may not be blasphemed."

Admonish: 
to caution, advise, or counsel against something
to reprove or scold, especially in a mild and good-willed manner
to urge to duty; remind
to reprove firmly, but not harshly


Open rebuke is better then secret love.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
The satisfied soul loatheth the honeycomb,
but to a hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.
Like a bird that wanders from its nest 
is a man who wanters from his place.
Ointment and perfume delight the heart,
and the sweetness of a man's friend
gives delight by hearty counsel."
Proverbs 27:5-9

"Let the Word of God dwell in you richly in all wisdom,
teaching and admonishing one another
in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
Colossians 3:16

"Preach the word!
Be ready in season and out of season.
Convince, rebuke, exhort, 
with all long-suffering and teaching."
2 Timothy 4:2

"And I myself also am persuaded of you,
my brethren, that ye are full of goodness,
filled with knowledge, 
able to admonish one another."
Romans 15:14

I just got back from a Women's Retreat with a few other churches and MAN God did some serious heart surgery with me! It was a strange thing because SO many people kept coming to me seeking counsel and longing to talk about situations in their lives with me. However, God was dealing with some HARD CORE ROOT heart issues in my life. So I felt SO SO SO not capable to give counsel or help others through their storms in their life.

"Man! If you knew what was going on in my heart, you would NEVER be asking ME for counsel."

"I am DONE getting involved in people's lives. Every life I touch I am going to screw up!"

"I am unqualified, unworthy, and disgusting! My place in this life is to stay as far away from people and their lives as I can!"

I prayed with my Pastor's Wife and said, "If you knew what went on in my heart, you would kick me out of the church!! Seriously!"

I am still fighting with the Lord! 

"God, you obviously don't know what You are doing! You must think I am another Cassie. One that has their life in order? You have me counseling countless couples on marriage... have you seen my marriage laetly?!? You have me as an example of how to be a wife and how to raise kids... God! You KNOW I have NO IDEA what I am doing!! Yeah, You may have made the mountains and put them in the place You have them, but You are obviously wrong with placing me in such a place to influence so many people's lives!"

He just softly and lovingly says to me,

"Oh my daughter. I made you for a specific reason. I knew you would walk through this. I know the make of your heart. I created your heart. Now let me show you the plans I have for you..." 

Then the Lord proceeded to show me some of the calling He has on my family. 

I just cry! Tears still in my eyes when I think about it. 

God is so good to us. 
Even after knowing those nasty things that you meditate on and entertain in your heart.
AND He has called us to admonish the younger women. 
That's what this whole study is about. 
I (a screw-up, disgusting, un-qualified, un-worthy, sinner) am admonishing YOU to do the things that GOD has CALLED you to and MADE you for!

Does a tea kettle say, "No You can't put water in me and place me on that hot stove!! It will hurt! I can't even contain that much water! Wouldn't you rather just put me on a shelf and look at me?" NO! That's what it was MADE FOR! (Notice it's not even make to benefit itself...)

Ladies, 
Is our God NOT worthy enough for us to say the HARD things that need to be said?
Is He NOT big enough to give us the strength, the love, and compassion to say these things?
Is He not capable of using a even rock or a donkey to speak his word?? Let alone YOU?!?

DO NOT DOUBT HIS POWER.
DO NOT DISREGARD HIS SPIRIT!
DO NOT FORGET THAT YOU ARE UN-WORTHY, UN-QUALIFIED, DISGUSTING! 
That's what's so beautiful about it :)



"But God has chosen the foolish things of the world
to put to shame the wise, 
and God has chosen the weak things of the world
to put to shame the things that are mighty;
and the base things of the world
and the things which are despised God has chosen, 
and the things which are not, 
to bring the things that are,
that NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN HIS PRESENCE."
1 Corinthians 1:27

"And He said to me, 
'My grace is sufficient for you,
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, 
in reproaches, in needs,
in persecutions, in distresses, 
for Christ's sake.
For when I am weak, 
then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10


No comments:

Post a Comment