There are several things I want to remember about these first five weeks of being a mom.
- When we first brought the girls home, we laid them on the ground for tummy time and Alecia scooted herself a good 6 inches over until she was touching her sister before falling asleep. She still does it every time.
- The girls sleep in a bassinette together and when you take one girl out, the other one knows and cries until they're together again.
- At week one, both girls were lifting their heads off the ground during tummy time. Now at week 5, they can steadily hold their own necks up when held and not moving. They can also lift their head and chest off the ground while lying on their stomach.
- They love to sleep in our bed with us. One night we decided to not let them and let them cry it out. We tested them and took them out of their bassinet when screaming and laid them on out bed. Instantly they stopped crying.
- At two weeks old, we went on a date with them to Applebees and Alecia was so hungry, she grabbed her bottle and held it up on her own while I ate my dinner. It was hilarious!
- All our trips to the store and getting stopped by EVERYONE so they can ask a million questions about our girls.
People also talk about the baby blues, or getting overwhelmed or frustrated; I haven't felt either of those. I am seriously enjoying every minute of everyday! It has been really stress free and a joy!!